- Crypto schadenfreude: yes, most DAOs are just a convenient structure for scamming
- Turkey bans cryptocurrency for transactions
- Matt Levine's breakdown of the Terra-Luna peg and Ponzinomic strategy
- Last year he broke down the IRON-TITAN stablecoin failure which is illuminating as to the weaknesses of a two coin system
IMF's Global Financial Stability Report is almost an add for bitcoin
Ukraine's Central Bank Bans Crypto Purchases in Local Currency
Israel Adds Yuan to $206 Billion Reserves in ‘Philosophy’ Change
Israel's central bank adds the Chinese yuan and three other currencies to its $206 billion reserves, reducing the allocation for the dollar and the euro.
To accommodate the changes, the euro’s share will fall to 20% -- the lowest in at least a decade -- from just over 30%, while the dollar will account for 61%, down from 66.5%. The pound’s weighting, by contrast, will almost double to 5%, returning to a level last seen in 2011.
- The greenback’s share, by contrast, has fallen to the lowest since 1995
- Taro is the new color coin protocol from lightning labs
- Color coins have existed for a while on bitcoin, but this protocol seems stablecoin focused
- We never actually explain why the mempool cleared in 2021: batching transactions by exchanges, segwit, and lightning