Bad Week for Bankers
March 12th, 2023
57 mins 47 secs
About this Episode
- If you can shutdown your blockchain when 'network irregularities' are detected...it's not a decentralized system
- Lido, the centralized staking crypto as a service company, has a an unregistered security LDO that crashed on rumors of a Wells Notice
The US treasury has some thoughts on CBDCs, and most have to do with projecting US financial power, not creating great money
Silvergate Bank, an important crypto banking institution, is winding down operations after a bank run and regulatory pressure
Sillicon Valley Bank, a regional California bank that focuses on startup and tech company banking, has been closed by regulators due to 'solvency and liquidity concerns'
Reports are circulating that Gemini, a New York based crypto exchange, might be losing their banking access from JP Morgan
The New York Attourney General, a public prosecutor who represents all residents of New York state, is suing KuCoin for offering unregistered securities
- Etherium is argued to be a security in this lawsuit (PDF Warning)
"So the state will attack BTC for using electricity, and ETH for being a security. Wise people in crypto will defend both, easily. The attack will fail on both counts, and the blocks will keep ticking... and on the horizon you can almost see fiat's arms flailing in desperation."
The energy attack on bitcoin is pretense, but ETH is still probably a security
Why is Arthur Hayes explaining synthetic dollars againhttps://h.docs.lol/bViitnHOQFmgjUaruEMUCQ#? Does it have to do with stablecoins achilles heel being banking?
- Bitcoin Optech #241 covers new Core Lightning features and the Bitcoin Inqisition soft fork testnet project
Remember to get in touch [email protected] or @bitcoindadpod on twitter
Consider joining the matrix channel using a matrix client like element, details here
Thank you Boosters
- If you get some value from this show, please consider sending a boost. Hearing from you means a lot to us! A B
- Send a Boost via the Podcast Index web page. No Podcast app upgrade required.
- Install Alby
- Find the Bitcoin Dad Pod on the Podcast Index
- Boost right from the page!
Value for Value
- Podcasting 2.0 to sA Bupport an indepenent podcasting ecosystem
- Recomended Podcasting2.0 apps:
- Fountain podcast app (Android)
- Podverse (Cross platform and self hostable) + Alby for boosts
- Castamatic (Apple)+ Podcasting 2.0 to support an indepenent podcasting ecosystem
Sponsors and Acknowledgements
Music by Lesfm from Pixabay
Self Hosted Show courtesy of Jupiter Broadcasting