- Federal Reserve Threatens to Sue Bitcoin Magazine Over FEDNOW Parody Merch
- The rollout of FedNow, a realtime payments system, has been predictably slow with a focus on bank-to-bank xfers
- It compares favorably with the adoption of RTP, a private realtimes payment network
- RTP is faster and cheaper than ACH or wire xfers but expensive compared to the bitcoin lightning network
- MasterCard has a brief history of real time payments
- But fraud is still an unsovled problem even on these more modern payment rails
The Kollider lightning derivatives exchange is shutting down after failing to find enough traders willing to use lightning
Cyrpto VC and Bitcoin writer Nic Carter has been distributing bounties to debunk the Wall Stree Journal, a financial newspaper, article that claimed Hamas' recent terrorist attack was funded by 'crypto'
As SBF is found guilty on all chargers, the WSJ has an interesting profile of Do Kwan, the founder of the bankrupt Terra-Luna algorithmic stablecoin system
- Another U.S. regional bank has failed, but its small and probably doesn't matter?
- Kraken is complying with the US IRS' John Doe summons turning over large amounts of data on customers with more than $20k in trades
- SafeMoon not safe from the US Dept of Justice, who have arrested several founders on fraud charges
- Bitcoin optech covers discussions around bitcoin scripting, the main divergence appears to be more expressive (computationally expensive) script, vs a witness model where the logic/computation lives off chain but he blockchain holds
Thank you Boosters
If you get some value from this show, please consider sending a boost. Hearing from you means a lot to us!
Send a Boost via the Podcast Index web page. No Podcast app upgrade required.
Value for Value
- Podcasting 2.0 to support an indepenent podcasting ecosystem
- Recomended Podcasting2.0 apps: