So, That's the End of Bitcoin Then, pack it up everyone, let's go home 14 years ago
The discussion around the Federal Reserve raising their inflation target to 3% assumes many things:
- Strong relationship between FFs and Inflation
- Philips curve relationship between Employment and Inflation
- These are not small assumptions!
Six AI Themes to Consider - Lyn Alden discusses expectations around AI and bitcoin in the context of scarce assets in a world of increasing money supply
- Southern District of New York | Tornado Cash Founders Charged With Money Laundering And Sanctions Violations | United States Department of Justice
- Accusation seems to be based more on activities surrounding the TC protocol, not necessarily the actual software development
Roman Storm and Roman Semenov allegedly operated Tornado Cash and knowingly facilitated this money laundering. While publicly claiming to offer a technically sophisticated privacy service, Storm and Semenov in fact knew that they were helping hackers and fraudsters conceal the fruits of their crimes
- Coin center alleges that the Tornado Cash indictments run counter to FinCEN guidance
The allegations include that the defendants: (a) paid for web hosting services for a user interface that allowed users to send transaction messages to the underlying smart contracts, (b) paid for a software repository (Github) where smart contract and user interface software and documentation was hosted, and (c) had (for a time before May 2020) “complete control” over the Tornado Cash smart contracts.
- Let's talk chainstate size vs blockchain size and how that is an technical important scaling limit
- Latest bitcoin optech #263 is all about software updates
Thank you Boosters
If you get some value from this show, please consider sending a boost. Hearing from you means a lot to us!
Send a Boost via the Podcast Index web page. No Podcast app upgrade required.
Value for Value
- Podcasting 2.0 to support an indepenent podcasting ecosystem
- Recomended Podcasting2.0 apps: