Thank you Amy for a wonderful summary of the last week's crypto screwups and absurdities
Payment problems are affecting our friends on Etsy, the online marketplace's payments system is holding up to 75% of sellers funds due to being garbage, as well as crypto journalist Amy Castor as patreon has had some bounced payments
- At the same time as Fitch's downgrade: Tether Bought 1529 BTC in Q2, Holds More US Treasuries Than Australia
both Democrats and Republicans unmovable on policies that could improve the country’s fiscal position. These include, he added, changes to taxes, military spending, and Social Security and Medicare, which are expected to face ballooning costs as more baby boomers retire.
Fitch's US Rating Downgrade Spotlights Debt Worry as Recession Fear Fades
Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen called the downgrade “arbitrary” and “outdated.” Yellen has argued that rather than looking at debt-to-GDP, a better measure of sustainability is inflation-adjusted interest payments as a share of the economy — and that metric hasn’t been flashing warning lights.
- Privacy and paypal are non compatible. GrapheneOS, a private mobile android operating system: "Unfortunately, PayPal permanently locked our GrapheneOS Foundation account today. No reason has been provided for the account being locked. All we've done is accept donations
the project also has fallen under investigation in France, UK, and Germany
It also has typical altcoin tokenomics, i.e. low float and majority of coins in early investor hands
- Bitcoin Optech #262 is heavy on the software updates and includes discussions of the pitfalls of blind signature signing
Thank you Boosters
If you get some value from this show, please consider sending a boost. Hearing from you means a lot to us!
Send a Boost via the Podcast Index web page. No Podcast app upgrade required.
Value for Value
- Podcasting 2.0 to support an indepenent podcasting ecosystem
- Recomended Podcasting2.0 apps: