- A personal account of living in Turkiye under soaring inflation, many trends described here are also happening in the US and Europe
- The financial incentives of bitcoin are no joke, as Blackrock Names JPMorgan as Authorized Participant for Spot Bitcoin ETF
Blackrock’s latest amended filing shows that it has named JPMorgan and Jane Street as the authorized participants for its spot bitcoin ETF. However, JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon recently said at a Senate hearing in reply to a question by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) that he would shut down cryptocurrency if he were the government, emphasizing that bitcoin and crypto are mainly used for criminal purposes.
- SBF's political crimes trial is not going to happen likely due to the US Presidential election in 2024
Paying for oil in Indian Rupees is still unattractive as transaction costs are higher than paying in dollars
Lyn Alden's latest piece on divergence in US Monetary and Fiscal Policy predicts government deficits driving monetary policy in the futre
cut + The US Congres has had multiple crypto bills but little movement and none likely in 2024
Privacy and Bitcoin Education
We've been seeing more questions about UTXO consolidation.
There are privacy ramifications and things to consider about UTXO consolidation.
Pre-ETF buy/sell could be a good time to address this.
- Fees are "lower" right now.
- Weekends also tend to be better.
The first recommendation is to check out a recent episode: Bitcoin Dad Pod Episode 116: Liquid Courage
- We do a bit of a primer in there and chat some solutions.
The second recommendation is to check out a very well-done multi-part series by Unchained Captial:
Thank you Boosters
If you get some value from this show, please consider sending a boost. Hearing from you means a lot to us!
Send a Boost via the Podcast Index web page. No Podcast app upgrade required.
Value for Value
- Podcasting 2.0 to support an indepenent podcasting ecosystem
- Recomended Podcasting2.0 apps: