Fednow, the Federal Resrves new payment system for instant payments, has finally launched with '35 early-adopting banks and credit unions, as well as the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Bureau of the Fiscal Service'
The US House of Representatives Fianncial Services Comittee, a House subgroup focusing on financial law, submitted a bipartisan crypto market bill to the Aggriculture Comitte (which oddly is above it)
- This bill would then be submitted to the house, likely would not pass
- Contains the language for ICOs to become sufficiently decentralized and graduate into commodities
- Commodity traders Goehring and Rozencwajg the patterns of commodity bull runs and the relation to shifts in global monetary standards
- Jesse Myers, aka CroessusBTC, observes the shifting Overton window of bitcoin and how very little interest it needs to get really bullish
- Dedollarization slowly proceeds with Argentina using Chinese RMB to pay off IMF debt
The Director of Investigations at Chainalysis, a blockchain surveillance and ant-privacy firm, unaware of scientific basis of their surveillance product
- The actual recorded testimony clarifies that Chainalysis does not validate their results (why would they? Just trust us)
The FBI arrested the admin of a Mastadon server on charges unrelated to the server, but seized all his electronic devices (common clause in arrest warrants) wich included a backup of all server data
- Just getting off twitter doesn't solve the problem of privacy online
Energy and Bitcoin
- Yet another bitcoin argument for mining logically reaching zero emissions
- But what's the real energy disconnect between Greenpeace/COP21 and bitcoin energy maximalists? Doomberg thinks that the core fallacy is the economic theory of degrowth that associates growth and environmental destruction.
- Listen to Doomberg, Rozencwag, and Anas Alhaji on energy investing and shfiting ESG narratives
- Bitcoin Optech #261 covers lightning protocol discussions on the bitcoin dev mailing list, as well as an interesting stack overflow where Peter Wuille explains why a bitcoin seed should probably have more than 128 bits of entropy, but individual addresses don't
Thank you Boosters
If you get some value from this show, please consider sending a boost. Hearing from you means a lot to us!
Send a Boost via the Podcast Index web page. No Podcast app upgrade required.
Value for Value
- Podcasting 2.0 to support an indepenent podcasting ecosystem
- Recomended Podcasting2.0 apps: